Thursday, September 15, 2016

Thursday Randomness

It's Thursday!! First of all, I have to share this:


Because it made me laugh out loud - and everyone needs that first thing in the morning. Lola isn't much for chasing squirrels, but our mastiff used to love/hate squirrels. He was the most laid back dog you've ever seen in your life...unless there was a squirrel nearby. Then he would drag you down the street or try to climb trees to get to them.

About a week after we got him from the rescue, he and Cody were out in the yard and he made such a god awful noise that I ran out there thinking he'd been hit by a car. Nope. Just a squirrel. We had him for a whole month before we heard him bark, but apparently one must be on their guard for squirrels.

This was our first baby - Ace. 


Aaannnyway... After my run was cut short yesterday morning, I was hoping to get one in after work. We ended up being invited to dinner at my in-laws and then S and I went to bed as soon as we got home. Sigh. Balancing the needs of a tiny person, the energy required to take care of them, and everything is a work in progress. I haven't quite found the perfect balance yet. I did get in a total of three miles at work between breaks and lunch.



I am shooting for an after-work run this evening. My plan is to get in about 30 minutes of outdoor intervals with Lola while Cody cooks frozen pizza. Then there can be some couch snuggles before S goes to bed, followed by binge-watching Supergirl on Netflix until I can't keep my eyes open. It seems like a solid plan. I'll let you know how it goes. When babies are involved, plans are always tentative at best, right?



...And for one last bit of randomness, I will leave you with this:


Gratuitous baby cuteness.
 Happy Thursday, friends!






No comments:

Post a Comment