Friday, September 23, 2016

My Morning in Pictures

My plan for the day was to get up at 7:00, do a 30-45ish minute workout, then have time to shower and pack the diaper back before my sister stopped by at about 8:30. I'm sure parents reading are laughing to themselves at my optimism.

I did manage to get up at 7:00, but Cody was really tired, so plans changed a bit and I had the little one. I fed him and changed him and then gathered a blanket and some toys to set him up with on the floor by the treadmill...then I killed a spider and saw an earwig, so I decided maybe the swing would be better...and that I really need to get downstairs and clean.

Aaannnyway... I got S set up:

View of little dude from treadmill...

and was soooo excited to be back with my treadmill:
Reunited with Miles...awwww...

I started the belt and heard a thunking again. Nooo!!! But I soon realized that it was caused by the extra cover that goes on top of the motor. Since it's purely aesthetic, I pulled it off and was ready to hop back on, but somehow, the edge of the belt got turned as soon as I started it up again.

Sigh. At least this is fixable, but it was more than I had time for, so I gathered up S and all of his stuff and shuffled back upstairs, got him settled on the ottoman, moved it next to the TV, and popped in an exercise DVD.

Happy baby pose.

Les Mills Combat for the win.
Fortunately, S thinks watching me do a mixed martial arts workout is hilarious. Side note: I got my black belt in Tae Kwon Do when I was seventeen, so next to running, martial arts is my favorite workout.

Once I was sweaty and feeling muscles I forgot I had, I got little man ready to spend the day at Auntie's house while I went to visit a friend and help her pack. I did manage to break out the seasonal socks to match my shirt - so the day was a success from the start.

The rest of the day was spent hanging out with my friend - who was nice enough to take me out to breakfast and lunch, packing, and then the pleasant hour and a half drive home talking to myself like a crazy person. I found out my mom does this same thing, which makes me feel a little better. If I know I'm talking to myself, that's not weird, right?

I got home just in time for some quality baby snuggling before he fell asleep. All in all, it was a good day, Tater.

No comments:

Post a Comment