|My fellas bein' cozy.|
|Senior Year: 2003|
I ended up running long distance in track as well as cross-country my Junior and Senior years. I was slow, but I loved it and it helped me shed 45 pounds and feel amazing about myself. To keep from making a long story even longer, here are some bullet points.
- 2007: started running again and lost 57 pounds... gained 30 back in 2008.
- 2009: husband went off to Army Basic Training and Combat Medic school for 7 months - Bought a treadmill (his name is Miles) and lost the excess weight for a total loss of 76 pounds.
- 2013: Trained for and ran my first half marathon (2:49:40) .
- 2014: Trained for and ran my first marathon (6:20:04).
- 2014-2015: Took a break from running and gained back all the weight I'd lost plus 11 pounds. Whoa Nelly! It seems I eat my stress when I don't run.
- August 2015: Got pregnant and was unable to run due to loose joints made looser by pregnancy, causing extreme pelvis and lower back pain - which I still have some trouble with.
- 2016: Was put on bed rest for a month before having our little man.
|Me and Cody in Hawaii - 2009|
- I married the man of my dreams (Cody) and high school sweetheart in 2005.
- We live in beautiful northwestern Montana.
- We welcomed the most beautiful baby boy (whom I refer to as "S") in April of 2016.
- We have a basset hound named Lola that keeps us on our toes.
- Cody became disabled in 2010 after suffering a heat stroke during training with the National Guard. He has muscular issues that cause limited mobility - so you'll probably see pictures of him in his wheelchair now and then.
- I've worked in government budget for the last seven years and am currently finishing my Bachelor's degree in Accounting. I am a huge numbers and spreadsheet nerd. Mom, full time work, full time school? No problem. I need running to stay sane.
|Is this not the cutest thing you've ever seen?|
Come join me as I work my way back to being a runner, shedding excess weight, and making the inevitably funny first-time parent blunders. Fair warning: I'm incredibly sarcastic and find humor in just about everything.