Wednesday, September 14, 2016

So Close... and Yet.../Wishlist Wednesday


My alarm went off at 4:00 am...and I hit snooze a couple of times. Then I lay in bed thinking about how I really HAD to get up and do a run. There was quite an internal debate between Sleepy Megan and Wants-to-be-a-Runner-Again Megan. Lola ended up clinching the decision, as she wouldn't stop whining at me. She can be very persuasive when she's not doing this...





Once I was up, I got dressed and was excited to get started. I had Pretty Little Liars cued up on Netflix and was ready to cruise. My hope was to keep things at a slow jog and see how long I could hang on to that. Weeelll... That lasted about two minutes. So I decided to get real and stick to intervals. I ended up doing 1 minute walk, 1 minute jog because for some reason my lower back decided to act up. Grrrrr... But I was determined to persevere. This lasted for a whole 11 minutes before my treadmill started to make an awful thunking noise. WTF?!?!

I stopped the belt immediately and tried to see if there was something simple I could fix. No such luck. I'm going to have my fella take a look at it tonight and see if he can figure out what's going on. I love my treadmill. His name is Miles. I've trained for multiple 5k's and 10k's, as well as a half, and most of a marathon on this baby. He's been with me for almost 8 years. If he dies I will be forced to go into mourning like some sort of Victorian widow. I would also need to get cool with running in the dark. I'm seriously hoping he magically heals before I get home this evening.

This is the face of morning. It's not pretty and it didn't get a full run.

And now for a few Wishlist Wednesday Items:

1. Freedom Planner. As an avid list maker, I love planners - even though I usually use them for a few weeks, and end up finding a mostly empty planner months later. I like that this isn't just a regular day planner. It is structured to help you outline your goals and formulate steps to achieve them. I've seen other, similar planners - but they seemed a bit too touchy-feely for me. This one seems to have just enough structure to help you get things outlined without being condescending. Life is hard enough without feeling like your day planner is patronizing you.

Best Calendar Planner & Organization Journal. Monthly, Weekly, Daily Notebook Planner. Motivational, Diet Journal, Student / Business Planner & Personal Life Coach. Undated Notebook - Freedom Planner


2. Teething Keys. Okay, this one is more of a "we'll be buying this soon" item. We're pretty sure the tiny drooly one is starting to teethe, but he can't quite seem to get the hang of the couple of teething toys we have now. I like that these can be refrigerated and even if he doesn't like chewing on it, I think he will love waving it around since it looks easy to hold on to. I'll let you know how it turns out if/when we buy these.


Fujifilm Instax Mini 90 Neo Classic Instant Film Camera
3. Fuji Instant Film Camera. Even if we could afford it, I'm not sure I would spend the money, but I've always loved the instant gratification of Polaroids and this seems to be the next generation. This has a neat retro look and feel that houses what appears to be a really decent little camera. There are multiple shooting modes and features such as an adjustable flash and self timer. I'm thinking this would go on a wish list labeled "I can't justify buying, but I want it so bad."


4. Younique Lip Bonbons - Tinted Lip Balm. This is one of those things I plan to save up and splurge on. While I balk a little bit at spending $20 for lip balm when you could just spend $2 on some plain old chapstick, I am also a sucker for good packaging. The metal tube is really high quality and has a really neat feel to it and the lip balm itself has a really nice color without being overwhelming. I think I may add this to my list of rewards for reaching my next weight loss goal. The best tinted lip balms come in packs of five.
 **Reminder: the links in this post are for convenience only. I am not currently sponsored.

What's on your wish list?

Does anyone have any helpful suggestions for a teething little one?

No comments:

Post a Comment