Friday, October 4, 2013

Unexpected Race

There is a "Paint it Pink" 5k/10k tomorrow. I saw the sign a few weeks ago, but didn't really plan on going. With money being tight, I didn't want to shell out $20 for the entry fee. Then, at work, three different people asked me if I was going to be doing the run on Saturday, and it made me feel really good that people expected me to because they know I'm a runner, so I decided to splurge and do my scheduled easy 6 with a group of other people. And you know what? I'm kind of stinkin' excited about it. Since I'm trying to stick to my training schedule, I've promised myself not to go for a PR and just take it easy and have fun. I am a little bit bummed that by the time I signed up for the race, they were out of t-shirts - boo. I do love me a race t-shirt, but what can you do?  Well, I could tackle someone about my size and steal their t-shirt, but that would probably be poor form...right?

On the lazy side of things, I had an awesome morning hanging out with my man and the pooches. We had to go out of town for a doctor's appointment, so we left little miss Lola with her first family (the breeder and dog parents) and Ace with my in-laws. This worked out really well because Lola's former people get really excited to see her and their kids get a "rent-a-puppy" and Ace didn't have to stay home alone all day. Lola must have had a pretty full day playing with the kids and a kitten, because she slept all night and most of the morning. It was awesome, we all snuggled up on the couch (we have a huge, sectional) and Cody let me watch wedding shows all morning (I know, I'm a dork).

Now I'm gearing up to go for my "easy 4-miler." I don't particularly like running in the evening, but my lazy day got away from me and I have to make sure to get it done. That's why I much prefer running in the morning. Then I feel accomplished and relaxed the whole day. But sometimes the call of the couch is hard to resist.

No comments:

Post a Comment