Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Meet Lazy Runner Girl

First of all, let me just clarify what I mean by "lazy runner girl." My favorite activity in the whole world is...doing nothing. Unfortunately after my fella and I got married, between working, doing nothing, and refining the art of "being cozy" (which largely consists of eating pizza, junk food, and watching movies)... I gained about 80 pounds in a year...oops.

The shortest version of that story (I'll elaborate some other time) is that I re-discovered my love of running and have since lost 71 pounds. Running is keeping me sane during one of the most stressful times in my life and allows me to still enjoy pizza nights once a week, and treats like chocolate and cupcakes frequently enough that I don't want to kick my co-workers, or smack random strangers in the grocery store.

Now I enjoy my favorite lazy activities (like reading and snuggling on the couch with my pooches) most after having a good long run in the mornings. Work, and life in general, are just a little bit easier after spending some quality time on my treadmill. In short, running makes my favorite thing...being lazy... enjoyable because I'm relaxed and I don't feel guilty because I've already burned off the candy bar I plan to eat later :O).

I recently finished my first half marathon and started marathon training using the Hanson's method. I am lovin the higher mileage and can't wait to run my first marathon!

Some facts about me in general (other than my love of laziness):
  • I am 28 years old
  • I've been married to the man of my dreams for 8 years
  • I work at a hydro-electric dam as a budget technician
  • I have a eight year old, 150 pound mastiff named Ace and a 5 month old basset hound puppy named Lola 
For all that love running and sarcasm, come join me!



 Me & Lola, Me & Ace, Kisses!


No comments:

Post a Comment