TV choices that prove I'm a nerd.
1. Doctor Who. I'm not a true-enough fan to have watched the originals, but I love the newer seasons. I have a Tardis key chain that hangs from my bulletin board and makes the spiffy Tardis noise when you squish it and I can enter into a heated debate on which Doctor is the best - even though I can't choose - Cody and I have gotten into some heated discussions about his dislike of Matt Smith and his misguided belief that Rose Tyler was the most epic companion. ...My wallet may also resemble the Tardis a bit...
2. Star Trek. My mom was a hard core Next Generation fan when I was growing up, so I've probably seen almost every episode. Cody and I are currently watching Voyager and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.
4. Stargate. This is one of my all-time favorite Sci-Fi shows. We still own all ten seasons.
5. Almost any superhero show. The Flash, Supergirl, Smallville, etc.
Things I love about running.
1. The challenge.
2. The endorphins.
3. The community.
4. The shoes.
5. The calories burned.
Random facts about me.
1. I am the world's slowest texter. Cody teases me that I am the fastest typer and the slowest texter he's ever seen. I text with one finger and refuse to abbreviate anything. This may be why I don't text very often.
2. I love wedding stuff. I love to look through wedding magazines, but am embarrassed to buy them because we've been married for 11 years. Cody will buy me a couple if I'm sick, or put them in a gift basket for presents. Yup - he's the best.
3. I hate Jello. I don't trust it. It moves by itself.
4. I used to rock climb and I love heights...but ladders freak me out. I discovered this after climbing up on the roof of our rental house a few years ago to shovel snow. Surprised the heck out of me.
5. Cody and I got married super-young. I was 20 and he was 19. While this might not be the best thing for everyone, it has worked out amazingly well for us since we were able to grow into adults together. I think that's one of the reasons we waited over ten years long to have a baby - we were thoroughly enjoying being young and silly together.
Plans for the weekend.
1. Take the final for my Managerial Accounting class.
2. Fix my treadmill belt...again. Possible sell a kidney to buy a new one if necessary. I need my treadmill.
3. Finish the curtain project I started over a year ago (I'll explain in a separate post).
4. Make and freeze some sweet potato baby food. Feed some to S and take lots of pictures.
5. Take several hot baths and do lots of stretching to try and get my back to behave.
5.1. Cook a fresh vegetable in a way I've never tried before. (We need to expand our eating repertoire.) I saw a recipe for grilled Brussels sprouts that looks strangely appealing.