Monday, October 31, 2016

Bad day and baby food



Do you ever just have one of those days? Today was mine. First of all – it's Monday…enough said. Then, I put on my pre-planned outfit fresh out of the clean laundry basket…and promptly got spit up aalllll down one leg. Then, I got to work and both of the people in our front office were out sick, so I had to go sit up there. I could go into detail, but let’s just say there was a series of frustrating events (mostly involving computer issues) that occurred one after the other for about two hours. Then I broke a nail…and I think I have hives… So rather than dwell on today, we are going to talk about this weekend.

I made baby food!!! It was super easy – I’m still not sure if S likes it or not. He is eager to open up for the spoon, but then he makes a funny face when he tastes it…so I’m not sure.

Here are the steps I went through:

Step 1: Peel sweet potato, cut into small chunks.

 
Step 2: Place in frying pan and put just enough water in to cover. 



Step 3: Cover, bring to boil, cook until tender.



Step 4: I let thing cool for a few minutes, then used a slotted spoon to scoop the sweet potato chunks into the blender. I added a couple of serving spoons full of the water used to cook the sweet potatoes, and pureed everything until it was about the same consistency as the rice cereal we’ve been using. 



Step 5: Spoon into ice cube trays and freeze. 



Of course, we can't forget steps 1.1, 2.1, 3.1, 4.1, and 5.1: receive constant basset hound assistance. Whenever I'm doing something in the kitchen, Lola has to come up behind me, or beside me and put her paws on my but or my hip to see if she can help with anything. I have no idea where she gets this. I never give her food when I'm cooking.

"Don't you have scraps I can get rid of for you?"
 
We had a lot of good quality family time this weekend. 


Little man started to get tired at my parents' house and my mom rocked him and sang to him. As soon as she would stop singing, he would fuss. I think she was pleased with her captive audience.


When he was no longer happy with that, he was content to snuggle his dad.


What did you do this weekend?

4 comments:

  1. Work is so much fun isn't it lol.

    This weekend? Running, oh yeah running, oh and more running. Plus some Halloween stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rocked a baby and sang to him. That was the highlight of my weekend. Can't get any better than that, for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry your day was rough. I swear when it rains, it POURS, it's all at once and gets overwhelming and easy to get down on life. But you're doing a good job! I have to add that you are super mom for making baby food! I always thought about trying it, but I was so exhausted for the first year of B3's life, it never happened.

    Love your puppy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I never thought I would make baby food, but when I found out how easy it was I had to give it a try. It's super cheap, but we'll have to see if I can muster the energy to keep it up.

      Delete