Monday, May 13, 2019

Zombie Run and Shameless Plug

Hi all! I suppose first of all I should share some sad news that I forgot to mention last time. Miles, my treadmill, has passed away. After many years and many, many miles, he came to the end of his useful life. He will live on in our hearts.

Here lies Miles, beloved treadmill, forever in our hearts and quads.
This is either a great or tragic segue into my next topic - Zombie Run. I came across this app a few years ago and thought it looked interesting, but wasn't able to try it out at the time. While putting useful apps on my new phone this weekend, I came across it again and (because it was free and now works for treadmill running as well) decided to give it a go. It is awesome! You turn on your playlist and then start the app. I used mission mode and it started me out in a helicopter that crashes outside an isolated town trying to survive the zombie apocalypse. It then tells you that you have to make a run for the town and hope for the best. There are intermittent cut scenes where the tower is communicating with you collect supplies as you go. When your run is finished, you can work on "building" the town with the supplies you've collected - pretty cool.

Unfortunately, I picked a music playlist that was too short and when I changed playlists, the game lost my spot. I think this was because I hadn't completed the registration process, so I'm going to try it out again on tomorrow's run and see if this resolves itself. I was a little disappointed at how long it went between "communications" - about 4 songs (12-ish minutes) for the first bit and another 3 or 4 for the next. Tomorrow, I'm going to set it for a shorter duration and see if the same scenes happen in a shorter time frame.

Incredible view and nice camera on my new phone - yay!





Kayaking fun.

My and my fella

In family life, we had a great weekend hanging out at the lake with my in-laws. S got to play by the water with grandma and run around looking for things in the woods, and I got to go kayaking, so I was pretty happy. Poor Cody got a zillion mosquito bites and I got exactly two. My dad was telling me that taking B12 will keep mosquitoes away, so I'm wondering if my recent love of brussel's sprouts might have something to do with it. That, or he's just tastier than I am. :O)

On to the shameless plug. I've recently started selling LimeLife skincare and cosmetics. If you might be looking for chemical-free skincare or professional-quality cosmetics, check out my store website or Facebook page. I'm always around if you have any questions.

Hope you all have a beautiful Monday!

~Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment