Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Ow! Haven't Done That in Awhile

Holy sweat, Batman! I'm toying with the idea of re-starting one of the Beachbody programs to help me get in a routine with strength training. I was planning to start another round of P90x, but since we moved all the workout stuff downstairs, we haven't moved the pull up bar yet, so I decided to try one of the T25 workouts.

 The good: at 25 minutes, I was able to get a good sweat and still get in a couple of miles on the treadmill. Also, I'm crazy sore, so clearly it works.

The bad: I was reminded why I didn't like the T25 workouts. For one thing, it's pretty jarring on the joints. You can do the modifications, but then you don't get nearly as good a workout. I tried to do a bit of both, but MAN my knees were not happy about it later. 

The main thing I'm not a fan of, though, is the boring music and relatively boring moves (probably largely due to lack of music). So, basically, the short workout is offset by the fact that all 25 minutes are unpleasant, and not just in the "this is hard" kind of way. I like to at least have the "this is hard, but fun" kind of feeling.
Meet Treadwell         


Like I said, I am a big fan of the fact that I was then able to do two miles on my treadmill. Speaking of treadmills, I don't think I introduced you to Miles' successor - Treadwell - he's British. Fortunately, my sister had a treadmill that she wasn't using, so she gave it to me. It is a model or two older than Miles was, but it works just fine. Eventually, I'd like to save up for a treadmill with all the bells and whistles, but for now it's really nice to have gotten one for free!

While I ran, I gave Zombies Run another shot and was able to keep the supplies I collected and work on building a base. I'm anxious to get further into the missions and see what it's like. Because I lost my spot last time, the mission part was a repeat of what I'd already done. The supplies that you pick up do seem to be randomized, because they were different this go around.


Honesty time: last week was TERRIBLE calorie-wise. I had an interruption of my antidepressants and it caused my mood to seriously go off the deep end, which seems to have triggered a "let's go for the high-score in calories" response in my brain. So last week as a food-a-palooza. I am getting back with it this week. I do not like feeling semi-out of control with food and I am seriously buckling down this week to get my attitude towards food back into a healthier place. I'll keep you posted on how that's going.

Talk soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment