Monday, October 3, 2016

Monday Weigh-In and Job Interview

First thing's first - Monday weigh-in: 309.2 (-2.6 pounds from last week). Five days last week I had calorie deficits between 1300 and 1600. Over the weekend, I allowed myself a couple of higher-calorie days, resulting in one break-even day and one 500 calorie deficit.

Workout summary: I had a total of 12 miles walked plus two workout DVD's and and one outdoor walk/run. If I can't get my treadmill fixed I'm going to need some warmer running clothes - it's getting a bit chilly for capris and tank tops.

In other news, I had a job interview this morning for an accounting position at our local medical center. I was a bit nervous, since I haven't had a job interview in seven years. I did some research on Thursday evening about job interview tips and common questions, jotted down a few things to ask, and printed out a copy of my resume along with the job announcement to take with me. Being prepared and/or organized helps relax me a bit, but then I told myself not to think about it for the rest of the weekend, so I wouldn't obsess.


 I think things went pretty well. I had answers for the questions they asked me and didn't have any "deer-in-the-headlights" moments. They seemed impressed with my qualifications and my answers, so we'll have to see how it goes. This is the first job I've ever applied for that didn't have a fixed pay rate listed in the announcement, so I'll have to see if they are willing to pay the amount I would need in order to change jobs. If they are interested in hiring me, that's going to be an uncomfortable conversation... I hate talking about money.

Plan for this week: keep up regular walks at work, at least one after-work run and two morning workouts during the week with at least one weekend run.

Happy Monday, all!








3 comments:

  1. Ohhh good luck with the potential job. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

    I'm so jealous that you're going to need warmer clothes soon, that must be so nice. While I'm not big on winter weather I wish we had a fall in South Florida!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Fall is the best, and winter is nice from the middle of November through December (as long as I have a treadmill). Maybe I should visit Florida in January. :O)

      Delete
  2. Awesome. Good luck on the job possibility. <3

    ReplyDelete